Appointment Checklist

Before you make an Appointment, make sure you meet the 2021 Income Guidelines:

The applicant’s total household income for the previous month must be at or below 150% Federal poverty:

1 Person $1,595
2 People $2,155
3 People $2,715
4 People $3,275
5 People $3,835
6 People $4,395
7 People $4,955
8 People $5,515

Add $560 for each additional member in households with more than 8 people.


For your appointments, you will need to bring: 

– Original Social Security cards for everyone in your household. (We will not accept a copy)

– Current Alabama Picture ID of head of household including spouse, if applicable. Please check your ID expiration date.

– An Unpaid Current Original Power/Gas Bill. Note: Utility bills MUST be in head of household or spouse’s name only. If in the Landlord’s name you must provide rental agreement or letter.

– You MUST provide proof of Gross income for the PREVIOUS MONTH for ALL PERSONS living in the household this includes, but may not cover all types:

– Check stubs from employer, Social Security, SSI, pension, unemployment, and VA benefits. If you are a NACOLG employee our agency requires your income. (We will not accept bank statements.)

– Child support, TANF & Child Social Security/SSI benefits

– Any other income information you may have.

All household members, 18 and over, MUST PROVIDE an original NOTARIZED statement using Form 125 for anyone claiming no income for the previous month. Please make note

– The person filling out your Declaration of No Income statement must go with you to the notary’s office. They must also list their address and phone number on the statement.

– The following persons cannot fill out your no income statement: You, a relative, an immediate family member, or anyone in the household.

– We will not accept a hand written no income statement. You MUST use the new Form 125. You may visit one of our offices to request a form or visit our website at to print it prior to your appointment.

– Non-parental guardians MUST PROVIDE documentation from the Court or Department of Human Resources showing current permanent or temporary custody of children living in the household.

– If you live in reduced income housing which includes, Public Housing, Section 8, or ANY income based housing you must bring your lease and housing choice voucher.

Need to Schedule an appointment? Click here!