Before you make an Appointment, make sure you meet the 2022 Income Guidelines:
The applicant’s total household income for the previous month must be at or below 150% Federal poverty:
1 Person $1,132
2 People $1,525
3 People $1,919
4 People $2,312
5 People $2,705
6 People $3,099
7 People $3,492
8 People $3,885
Add $393 for each additional member in households with more than 8 people.
For your appointments, you will need to bring:
– Original Social Security cards for everyone in your household. (We will not accept a copy)
– Current Alabama Picture ID of head of household including spouse, if applicable. Please check your ID expiration date.
– An Unpaid Current Original Power/Gas Bill. Note: Utility bills MUST be in head of household or spouse’s name only. If in the Landlord’s name you must provide rental agreement or letter.
– You MUST provide proof of Gross income for the PREVIOUS MONTH for ALL PERSONS living in the household this includes, but may not cover all types:
– Check stubs from employer, Social Security, SSI, pension, unemployment, and VA benefits. If you are a NACOLG employee our agency requires your income. (We will not accept bank statements.)
– Child support, TANF & Child Social Security/SSI benefits
– Any other income information you may have.
All household members, 18 and over,MUST COMPLETE a Declaration of Household Income Form if no income was received for the previous month.
– Non-parental guardians MUST PROVIDE documentation from the Court or Department of Human Resources showing current permanent or temporary custody of children living in the household.
– If you live in reduced income housing which includes, Public Housing, Section 8, or ANY income based housing you must bring your lease and housing choice voucher.
Need to Schedule an appointment? Click here!
To schedule an appointment in Jefferson County, click here!